This is a teacher led course, to sign up and schedule an appointment click here or on the “Take this course” button.
It is common that access to relevant information in a process is described as the best opportunity for process improvement.
Being able to identify, define and structure information in model form is a strong tool for being able to communicate the company’s information assets and create opportunities and conditions for innovation and development of services, offers and processes. With an awareness of the business’ information access, the precision increases in, for example, process development or requirements for IT support.
The course is scehdueled for one day where we alternate theoretical sessions with practical exercises in 2c8 and discussions. We review the use of the information model and the context of other business models. After completing the course, 1 individual coaching session is included with one of the course leaders so that you can get started in your work.
- What is an information model, the theory behind objects, relationships and properties
- How to develop an information model (concept / object / data model)
- Quality assurance with checklists and review of models
- Modeling of information needs in processes
- The information model, part of the whole business description
After the course
- You have basic knowledge of information modeling
- You can identify, define and describe information in model form
- You have the ability to draw information models in 2c8 and reuse objects from other models in 2c8
- You can read and quality review information models
- You understand the importance of information in business development
Target group for the course
This course is aimed at those who in their professional role work with, or need to become better at working with, information models in the borderland between business and IT in a role in, for example, business development, business architecture, requirements for IT support or process development.
- 2c8 Modeling Tool inkluding license installed on your own computer.
- Opportunity to use Microsoft Teams which is the screen sharing application for the course.