FAQ - 2c8 Lite
After you’ve sent your model through the Workflow button, this model will be sent to a user who has the permissions to accept drafts.
The model will appear in the 2c8 Modeling Tool users dashboard under “New models in 2c8 Lite”. The 2c8 Modeling Tool user has to double-click on the model and thereafter choose which repository to add the model in. The user can also reject the draft. The image below shows the view from 2c8 Modeling Tool.
Sometimes our support will request your log file. This is how you can find the log file in 2c8 Lite:
Click on the cube and then on “Support”. Click on “Log File”, save the file to your computer and send it to out support.
Log in to the server and click on “New model”. This model do not yet belong to any repository and is therefore a draft. When you are done with your model, you simply send it away for a 2c8 Modeling Tool user to place it in a repository. Read more about that process here.
In order for a 2c8 Lite user to see models in a repository on a shared server, an administrator user in 2c8 Modeling Tool has to assign models to the user.
- The 2c8 Lite user must be added to the current repository by a user of 2c8 Modeling Tool. This is done under “Users and Permissions” in the Repository Manager. Drag the user from “Server users” and drop it on the repository in question.
- The 2c8 Modeling Tool user then need to open the current repository. Go to Workflow (Browser – Double click on Workflow). Select current models, right-click and set the user(s) who will be the maintainers, reviewers and/or approvers.Note that the different Workflow roles can be held by more than one user, for example, there may be more than one maintainer.
Copy and object by right-clicking on the object and choose “Copy” (short command CTRL + C). Paste the object as a copy by right-clicking on the model surface and choose “Paste as copy” (short command CTRL + Shift + V). The new object will then have the word “Copy” in its title. The object then has a completely new ID and changes you make will not affect the original object.
If you would rather copy the object and reuse it somewhere else, you copy the object in the same way but pasting it by right-clicking on the model surface and choose “Paste” (short command CTRL + V). Changes in the properties of the object will then affect the original object since it’s the same object reused. These changes could for example be field values, texts in descriptions, or document links connected to the object. Changes you make regarding size or color of the symbol will not affect the original object.
Quickdraw is activated in the toolbar and is used to quickly build a model from existing symbols.
Hold the mouse over a symbol to show arrows in the directions where suggestions for relations to new symbols exist. Hold the mouse over an arrow to show the suggested symbols in that direction. When you click on a symbol you will get to choose a title in the same way as when you add a symbol by clicking in the model.
The keyboard shortcut to toggle Quickdraw is Ctrl+Q. If you want different suggestions in Quickdraw, this can be configured from 2c8 Administration Tool.
Right-click on an object and select “Document” – “New Document Link”.
Enter the document link, scroll to its destination and / or select the document type.
You have now created a new document link and linked it to an object.
There are several reasons why you may not be able to connect to the server. If you get an error message that says “Could not connect to server”, you should check the following:
- Check your internet connection.
- Make sure the server can be accessed from the network you are on. Maybe you are on a network outside of the organization that your IT does not allow to connect to the server from.
- If you run your own server, you should contact your IT-support so that they can check that the server is running and that everything looks as it should.
If you have further problems after troubleshooting, please contact email@example.com. Our support will probably request your log file, read more about how to get the log file here.
If you get an error message that the username or password is incorrect, you need to contact an administrator with the 2c8 Modeling Tool who can restore your user information. Read more about this here.